Hm, let’s see. Last time I was around, I promised to share some knitting projects. And then I promptly didn’t. I have this problem where I want my blog to be some faithful chronicle of life and my fun stuff, and then I don’t update, so I forget everything. So I think I’m just going to start with what I’ve been doing recently, before I forget. If' I’m lucky, I’ll go back through and play catch up on some other stuff, including the knitting. How’s that for a tease?
First up: pajamas!
From Ottobre 6/2010, the Pitka Jussi long johns and the Villi Viikinki undershirt, both in size 86 (side note—why do some of the names in Ottobre seem to be translated [the same issue has Jumpin’ In coveralls], while others obviously aren’t?). The hibiscus print was originally something I requested for myself in middle school, I think? I’m sure my mom will be glad to see that it finally got turned into something. The red is a t-shirt from the Goodwill pile, and the navy is cotton-lycra. It works well instead of ribbing, I think.
- It fits!
- It has a little fly, which amuses me greatly.
The do-better next time:
- It would look better with more of the topstitching that’s suggested. My topstitching was looking really, really awful, so I decided to forgo it. Mom and I think it’s because I decided I could use a regular double needle instead of going to get a ballpoint one. We’ll try that for the next pair.
- I think If I’m just going to use the lycra for the waistband (I didn’t put in any elastic), I’ll shorten it just a smidge.
- One of the cuffs on the shirt is inside out. Not super noticeable, so I didn’t bother ripping it out and redoing it, but suboptimal.
- Sewing in the size labels really works better when I can see them. I’ll have to get a picture of the pants label.
- The inner fly could be just a little taller (which I think is my fault). Not that it matters one iota since he’s wearing a diaper, but still.