Or, “Rain, rain, come out to play.” I finished the rain pants just in time for this afternoon’s rain. No, it’s not actually raining in the pictures. But it did later.
From Ottobre 6/2010 (again), the Kuperkeikka velour pants in size 92, with lengthened legs.
- They fit! See below for my caveat.
- I put a lining in them all by myself. It may be a little feminine, but it was on my shelf and served the purpose of protecting the membrane on the blue while still breathing itself.
The do-better next time:
- I sized up one size because I intend these to be worn over other pants. In retrospect, I think I should have gone up two sizes—one for overpants, one for non-knit (though with some stretch) used on a knit pattern. Especially because:
- Serging the Gore-Tex was not a good idea. It bunched and pulled strangely. And I don’t know that Teflon feet or whatever exist for sergers. Since the pants are fully lined (in my version), it’s unnecessary too. I had to cut off the serged seams and try again.
- I should really pay more attention to my bobbin warning light when sewing on something you’re not supposed to poke extra holes in.