Friday, January 16, 2009

I like all the colors

On Christmas Eve, there was quite a discussion about favorite colors. My father-in-law maintains that the whole concept is silly. What does favorite color mean? Just because your favorite color is yellow doesn't mean you think the world would be better if everything were yellow, does it?

I think when I was younger, I said my favorite color was blue. But now I've maintained for several years now that I don't have any favorite colors--I pretty much like them all. But I think when I was younger that always seemed like a cop-out. It is, but it's true. Which is why I laughed the other day when I looked down into my purse.

I like all the colors

What can I say? What about you? Do you have a favorite color? Do you think you would have a favorite color if your aunt/kindergarten teacher/elderly neighbor hadn't asked you which one was your favorite? Is it your favorite color to wear? Favorite color to look at?

No comments:

Post a Comment