Sunday, December 11, 2011

Recent projects

For several days last week I actually made stuff!  And thought I was going to be starting a new trend of finishing a project a night.  And then the sickness hit…

Tree pillow

A long-overdue wedding gift.  Which is my wont.  Inspired by Jessica of Insanely Crafty/Created Blissfully and her Family Tree.

Drawstring Bag

And a drawstring bag.  Just because.  The tulip fabric is from Holland when we went to the tulip festival.  The fabric store there had every tulip fabric ever printed, I think.  Anyway, I convinced my mom to get this for me.  The ties are leftover binding from these reindeer quilts, and the green is fro my scrap bag.  I think I initially bought it intending to make some sort of landscape quilt of Weeks footbridge.  That didn’t pan out so well.  The pattern is a modification of this tutorial from In Color Order, I just moved the outer contrast from top to bottom because I thought having the tulips grow out of the green was more appropriate!

Off to minister to the sick.  Here’s my inspiration.  Just need to get some trays.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pillow! Mine makes me happy every time I see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS the tulip fabric is gorgeous- also sick and just a little brain dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooove the family tree pillow you made! I actually "hearted" that item on ETSY when I first saw it. I wish I could make it like you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks guys! My husband actually hated the embroidery when I first started working on it, but he came around.

    ReplyDelete