Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall Colors

Today we went canoeing with some friends. The recent downpour meant that the current was moving faster than usual, so we had lots of time to stop and explore side inlets and coves. We swung from a rope swing on the side of the river, found a little waterfall, tried to catch some turtles, and just generally enjoyed the river. The only downside is, it's getting to be fall, and pretty soon it will probably be too cold to enjoy it in quite the same way.

But fall has it's own charms, most obviously beautiful fall colors. Tonight I got out some of my jewelry making supplies for the first time in a long time. I bought these giant square pendants thinking they would make lovely frames for a tree of life*. So this is my first attempt, with some fall colors to celebrate what is to come.

It didn't come out quite as I had envisioned. It's a little clumpy, which I think works out okay for an autumn tree, but would look right otherwise. Also, I think the pendant may just be larger than I will ever wear, but we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Canoeing? Fun! Chad and I are jealous =)
    I wonder if babies can go in canoes...probably not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, these people say 6 weeks... http://www.gregcons.com/canoe/kidpaddle.htm#howyoung

    I don't think people in Argentina get to be jealous of people in Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete